There are no records in the table yet

Craig White wrote:
On Fri, 2008-04-18 at 09:53 -0700, David Bowman wrote:
I copied some tables from MS Access and tried to set the primary key and when saving get the following msg.
SQL Status: 23000
Error code: -10

Attempt to insert null into a non-nullable column: column: LastName table: Student Information in statement [ALTER TABLE "Student Information" ALTER COLUMN "LastName" VARCHAR(25) NOT NULL]
I would like to know why this is happening and how can I set whatever field as primary key
----
it thinks you've got one or more records with a null entry for last name
and therefore can't set the primary key.

Craig