Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
2008/4/20, Drew Jensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
NoOp wrote:

On 04/19/2008 03:39 PM, Dotan Cohen wrote:

Here's another one:
Joe says "today I will replace MSO with Open Office". He downloads
OOo, falls in love with Writer, and decides to write to his
grandmother and tell her all about it. But, he has no email client!

Joe shouldn't be using html to send his grandmother email - but that's
another issue.

Joe can still write his grandmother via OOo. When finished all he needs
to do is File|Send|Document as Email/Email as OpenDocument Text/Email as
Microsoft Word/Email as PDF.

Joe can use his OE, Outlook, Thunderbird, SeaMonkey, Evolution, Pegasus,
whatever email client... That's the point: Joe can choose to use
whatever email client Joe chooses.

First - even if an email client is bundled - and I hope it is much more
then an email client, as in calendar ( a real one for business use ) and a
decent PIM...
but - even if it is bundled Joe can still use any other one he wants. What
is wrong with saying that if you use 'this one' there will be some extra
perks built right in.

Second - Joe's grandma might like getting emails from Joe with fancy
fonts, inline images, heck maybe even an embedded sound file...HTML..that's
a start.

Well, then OpenOffice.org really needs to be able to produce decent HTML.
Today it's quite ridiculous. I have a few funny examples...

If you don't want HTML emails, fine turn it off, strip out the text...but
others do want that.

OpenOffice.org User Community Forum: http://user.services.openoffice.org

I don't know Joe, but maybe Joe found out that when he wants to choose an eMail client to send his OOo, that client will probably send it as an attachment rather than the eMail proper. I'd LOVE to be able to send in an eMail some of the documents I did in OOo.

If I knew Joe, I'd tell him that I know how he feels.

Joseph