On Apr 22, 2008, at 9:58 AM, Dick Cogger on Phantom wrote:

On a new MacBook (10.5.2), download worked fine, install seemed fine. X11 is installed (in the Utilities folder in the Applications folder).

(1) I first doubleclicked OpenOffice (OO) with X already up and Xterm running. OO showed up in the Dock and the Menu bar. Just bounced in the Dock. Would not quit. I had to force quit.

(2) Then tried with X not running. Dialogs came up asking about using Mac fonts; I said yes. Then same result as (1).

(3) Tried again; no dialogs, same result as (1).

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Regards, -Dick Cogger

In the 2.4 release, there is a memory leak (?)/bug, which if you run from the shell you can see.

This "bug" will not allow OO to start from the icon.

The way around it, and it is a PITA (pain in the a**), is to start from the terminal;

sh "/Applications/OpenOffice.org 2.4.app/Contents/MacOS/soffice"

I hope that the next release fixes this.

--
Rodney D. Myers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
ICQ#:         AIM#:            YAHOO:

        Ben Franklin - 1759