Joseph wrote:

The other day, I upgraded my daughter's OOo from an older version to the present one. Then when I looked into the "My Programs" folder, I found both folders for OOo.... the old and the new.

I know the old is just using up space.... can that one just be deleted?? or must it be uninstalled?

No, just delete it.

Some files are left on the computer for the benefit of those uninstalling and then installing again the same version, perhaps to repair something that has happened. That way they don’t lose any templates or any of their settings.

But when you installed a new version, all settings from the old version would be copied over to the new version.

Jim Allan