Robin Laing wrote the following on 5/1/2008 9:52 AM:
NoOp wrote:
On 04/30/2008 09:47 AM, Robin Laing wrote:
Philip Walsh wrote:
I am using version 2.4 of OpenOffice.org. My problem is when using
Calc it will not open QuatroPro files.  I spent 8 hours searching
your guides and blogs with no finds on QPW.  All atempts to add a new
extensions lead to a dead end.
Newer QPW files won't open in OOo Calc. If you need to work with QPW spreadsheets, then look at StarOffice.

http://www.sun.com/software/star/staroffice/index.jsp

I have opened older QPW files in OpenOffice with no issues.

Interesting... I have StarOffice 8/9 and I find only .wb2 in the
filters. What version of SO do you have?

I used QPW as Quattro Pro For Windows abbreviation.

I cannot find any of the files I opened as it was a computer ago and they did come from a Windows computer that I used. They could have been wb2 files.

The file extension .wb2 is the primary extension for v6.0 of Quattro Pro, .wb3 is for v7.x and v8.x, .qpw is for v9-X3. Not sure what they use for v10-X4.

--
Jack