-------- Original Message --------
From: Hugh Busey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri 02 May 2008 07:39:20 EST

A small icon appeared on my open office screen.  Clicking it resulted
in a notice that an up-date is now available. Is this an Open Office
notice, someone trying to gain access to my computer or a phishing
expedition? Please advise if you have sent an up-date notice out. Thank you.

Hugh W. Busey

It's OK. The message is coming from OOo (OpenOffice.org). You can switch this off from the "Tools -> Options -> On Line Update" menu, from within any OOo module (eg. Writer).

Hope this helps.

Dave