The WS2008 installing bloke just installed OO.o as a normal app and it
works on all thin client logins no problems. I only need to get program
install privileges to add the dictionaries. Locked down users can't
install them and i can't install them system wide. I do need to run
through the licence/registration steps on a per user basis which is a
pain, but i am putting an OO.o Writer shortcut on every desktop for them
anyway.

Have you read the OOo Admininstration Guide on this?
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Administration_Guide/Deactivating_Registration_Wizard
You can use an Extension (provided on that Wiki page) to disable the Registration Wizard.

C.
--
Clayton Cornell       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
StarOffice - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - Hamburg, Germany