I work at a company, ABB. And we wonder if we can use the OpenOffice package on our computers, and can we have the program installed when we ship it to our customers? Do we have to pay for a license or something like that?

OpenOffice.org is released under the LGPL. You are allowed to download it and install it on as many computers as you wish, business, classroom or private. You do not need a special license or permission to install OpenOffice.org on computers you sell.

Quoting from: http://www.openoffice.org/product/product.html
OpenOffice.org is free software
    * you may download OpenOffice.org completely free of any licence fees
    * install it on as many PCs as you like
* use it for any purpose - private, educational, government and public administration, commercial... * pass on copies free of charge to family, friends, students, employees, etc.