2008/5/7 jen beck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi there. I have been trying to download and install
> openoffice but have not had much luck.
>
> I am using a Mac, OS 10.4.7
> I have gone through the mac how to ... I have tried to
> reinstall x11 but no luck ther eeither.
> It says it is already installed. I tried to look for
> previous version of x11 but cannot find any. It is not
> in the receipts file. I can not find it via search
> either.
>
> Any other advice?
> Thanks,
> Jen

Hello,

For Tiger (Mac OS X 10.4.x), the X11 isn't installed automagically. You need
to get it from the Tiger install disks. Do a Spotlight search on you Tiger
install disk(s) for X11User.pkg You can install the package directly from
within Spotlight, or go and find the package on the disk itself.

When you download OpenOffice.org, be sure to have the Tiger version, and
also chose between the PowerPc and Intel version (if you have 10.4.7 I
suppose it's a PowerPC you're working on).

Look here: http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/

HTH
--
Guy
using dutch OOo Aqua Beta 3.0.0 (and older) on a iMac Intel DualCore Tiger