Suppose I'm in the throes of creating a document
that was originally created from my default template.
By now I've added lots of text in a variety of formats,
with tables, footnotes, the lot.

In the course of this, I have found that several lines (paragraphs) merit
their own new style, so I format one of them, create a new style from it,
and apply that style to the other paragraphs of that sort.
(Or maybe it's a character style -- doesn't really matter.)

Then I realize that this is a style that I'm going to want to include
in all future documents, so I'd like to include it in my default template.

Obviously (I hope), I don't want to turn the current document
into the new default template, because then it would include all this text,
not to mention some styles I may have created
that are specific to this document.

I just want to put this one specific style into the default template.

Is this possible?