2008/5/14 James Knott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>  By default, OpenOffice saves in the ISO standard ODF formats, which
> Microsoft refuses to support.  You'll have to save or email your documents
> in Word format.  You can save them in Word format, by selecting Word from
> the drop down list, when using Save as.  Also ensure automatic file name
> extension is selected.  You can also email directly, by clicking on File >
> Send > E-mail as Microsoft Word.

I do not recommend sending in word format. Better off sending a PDF. A
pdf will be rendered exactly the same on all platforms. With a word
document, you cannot know what version of Word the receiver is using,
or if he is using an alternative Office Suit. There are tens of office
suits available, not only OOo and MSO.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il