Stacey Amaral wrote:
Please call me. I have 1.X Open Office-I have tried to delete it and it won't
go away and it opens and save items I do not want opened/saved. Please call me
and walk me thru how to permanently erase Open Office from my computer.
916-448-5061 or 916-207-3420.

The support from this list is provided by volunteers, so most of us will not make a phone call. You say you can't uninstall OpenOffice v1.x, but you don't say what operating system you're running. That info helps to resolve your problem.