2008/5/16 samantha stille <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> hi there - hope someone can help.
>
> after much trial and error, have managed to download Openoffice, but when i
> go to open it, all that happens is that it comes up on the bar at the top of
> the page, but that is it. No documents, or programmes, or anything. Even
> when I double click on the icon, nothing happens. i have checked that it has
> actually been downloaded, and it says it is there, but why is it not
> opening!? Getting very discouraged.
>
> I am using a Mac OS X 10.3.
>
> please help.
>
> thank you
>
> sam

Hello Sam,

Just to be sure on the versions side:
• did you install X11 for Panther (Mac OS X 10.3.x; 10.3.9 in your case),
available at the Apple website?
http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/x11formacosx.html
version is 1.0 (see X11 > About X11)
• did you install OpenOffice.org 2.1.0, the most recent running on Panther
(OOo 2.4 doesn't run on Panther, only on newer Mac OS X's, Tiger and
Leopard, 10.4 and 10.5)
http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/download/x11-103.html

Only the combination of these versions will run on your Mac PowerPC with
Panther.

If you have these installed, something else must be wrong... come back to
this list if this is the case.
--
Guy
using dutch OOo Aqua Beta 3.0.0 (and older) on a iMac Intel DualCore Tiger