Several programs that I use have MS Office designated as the format(s) to use
for reports, etc. Without MS Office, the functionality of these third-party
programs is extremely limited. Believing that MS should not have a stranglehold
on users, especially users of third-party programs, I want to change the
third-party default designation to OpenOffice. In the xml files there is a line
that reads

  <xml xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office">.

  Has anyone tried modifying this line to call OpenOffice? If so, how did you
modify it?