I'm trying to get open office base to automatically increment an id field that has been set to AutoValue.
I've tried all the tips in the forums but none of them work. Here is a description of my problem: I have created a form for customer entry. The custID field has been set to auto. Once when I created it, but then it reset to "No", and then I set it again with an SQL statement. The form opens up in read only mode ok. I start typing in the first entry. The custID field says <AutoField> and no other field is a required field. When I'm done entering data, I select, add a new record and two message boxes come up as follows: Msg Box 1: Error inserting the new record, No data is available. Msg Box 2: No Data is available. Now, it does advance to the next record with the same data in the form. I have checked the table and the data was entered correctly. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. Keith --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
