John Barman wrote:

I have successfully downloaded and installed the above on my WinXP Desktop
machine, but cant seem to install it on my Notebook Vista machine. At a
certain point in the installation process, a message comes up as follows:
"Some files that need to be up-dated are currently in use. The following
applications are using files that need to be up-dated by this set-up. Close
these applications and click Retry to continue:
Open Office 2.4 (Process Id: 3052)
Windows Explorer (Id: 3728)
As I have not got anything else at all running (and these items dont show as
running in the Task Manager) I am stuck at this point!
John B

Hi John,

Well - I am not a Vista user and won't try to pretend I am.
If this is an upgrade of OpenOffice.org then perhaps you have quickstarter
running during the install of the new release.

Also - I had once a similar experience using Firefox during an update of
OpenOffice.org. In that case an ODF file was being displayed in my browser,
which of course meant that parts of OpenOffice.org where in memory handling
the display. I simply had to close the browser.

Anyway - If you are still having problems may I suggest you come over to the
web form ( see address below ) at that site the areas for handling
installation and setup questions has been divided by OS (the only area of
the support forum so arranged such, BTW) - there are a number of Vista users
using the site that I am sure can give you better advice then I can.

Beste ønsker,

Drew

--
OpenOffice.org User Community Forums
Connecting users around the globe!

Apologies if this breaks threads

I agree with Drew. I am a Vista users and have installed OOo 2.4.1 and had
exactly the same responses as described. I stopped my quickstarter and that
got rid of the Open Office entry and then I reran the install and ignored
the Windows explorer message

Thanks
Rob
www.robbev.com