Hi,
Keith Beall wrote:
Hi All,

I'm working for a manufacturer of computer labels, and we're looking to get
our label codes incorporated in software packages.  I'm happy to do the work
in order for this to happen, however I could use a few pointers.  This would
include our own codes, and those we produce under our customers packaging
and codes (Major UK and European Stationery retailers).

Now I've found from a search of the archives that the Labels.xcu file is
editable, and contains the description of the label formats.  However the
Labels.xcu I find in my share\registry\data\org\openoffice\Office folder
doesn't quite seem to match the Description in Labels.xcs.

In particular the Schema says Measure contains a field it describes as
<desc>Contains the measurement data of the label concatenated by a colon (;)
in the following order: No of Rows;No. Of Columns; Width; Height; Hor.
Distance; Vert. Distance;Left margin;Upper margin; At the end a '1' is
append if the label type is continuous otherwise a '0'.</desc>
This is obviously wrong.
But In the XCU file has the line

<value>S;21000;29700;21000;29700;0;0;1;1</value>
Would I be right in assuming that this is the reverse of the order described
above, with the '0' for sheeted labels replaced by 'S' for Sheeted?
It is "C or S;Horizontal Distance;Vertical Distance;Width;Height;Left margin;Upper margin;Columns;Rows"

Also in I believe that is should be as simple as editing this file and
uploading it.  Is it possible to do this with out checking out the CVS?  Can
deal with that, just seems a bit of a hassle for one file.
It is possible. Just create an issue and attach your changes to the Labels.xcu. Then assign it to me (os).

I will integrate the change and fix the Labels.xcs description.

Regards,
Oliver