[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Subject: MS Power Point will not open Impress Presentation

Message:

I am using Open Office.org 2.4.0 on Windows XP Media Center SP2.
Installed on Toshiba Satellite A105, Intel 1.66 Ghz, 1 Gig Memory

Impress presentation runs OK on OOo Impress with some static at slide change on
some slides. The MP3 file plays perfectly on Media Player.

If I launch MS PP 2003 and try to open the Impress file after selecting “All
Files” (None of the other options will list the Impress file.)I get the
following message:

        “Power Point can’t open the type of file represented by How Great Thou
Art.”

It was my understanding that MS Office and OOo were 100% compatible either way.
(I.e. Creating playing, editing etc.)If this is correct, what am I doing wrong?

                I am not subscribed to this list, please cc me.
Hi Harold

Two possibilities:
1. You have saved the file as a native Impress format, and PowerPoint can't open it. 2. When you saved it, you hadn't checked (ticked) "Automatic file name extension" in the Save dialogue. Windows requires the extension to know what to do with the file.

HTH

Russell