[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hello!

I am about to start proofreading for another organization. I am used to
receiving my articles in Word Files and want to update my creaky Word 97. The
new group sent me PDF files and I don't have Adobe.? Can OpenOffice read/edit
PDF files?

Please answer ASAP.

Thanx.

Helene O'Neill

You must be one of the only people on the planet that doesn't have Adobe Reader!

My suggestion would be to download it from Adobe -- it's free (the Reader application, that is).

It won't let you edit PDF files, but you can at least read them.