I am starting a small book covering 10 years of weekly cartoons from a local
news paper.  I have about 150 (JPG) cartoons scanned into my computer and would
like to create a book.

  The page lay out would place one cartoon on the upper half on the right side
of the page, The 2nd cartoon would be  placed on the lower left half  of the
page. There would be text on the upper left and lower left of each cartoon.

  My problem is: I have got about 35 cartoons/comments in the document. It is
now  very large
  172,021,KB, (I am only about 1/3 done???).

  The insertion of a cartoon, positioning, etc. takes a long time and seems to
have a mind of it's own. I have been setting picture size  parameters  as (Keep
ratio), Position (top/bottom,  right/left), from  page text area , anchor
(Page).

      How can I reduce the size (Scale down cartoon size?)

      Stabilize position on page (moving one cartoon moves the 2nd or the
caption)

      Do I need to place cartoons and/or text in frames?

      Since these are copies of pencil drawings, should I be using the picture
options to make position/size adjustments?

  Any suggestions will be appreciated.

  Thank you

DeWayne McCarty
Columbiana County Chapter of the Ohio Genealogical Society
  http://www.rootsweb.com/~ohcolumb/index.htm
The Historical Society of Columbiana & Fairfield Twp.
 10 E. Park Ave., Columbiana, OH 44408