On Jul 30, 2008, at 7:04 PM, Jack D. Lewis wrote:

Keith Bates wrote the following on 7/30/2008 7:54 PM:
On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 18:43:26 -0700
Rodney Myers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Jul 30, 2008, at 6:32 PM, James Knott wrote:

Keith Bates wrote:

For ages, I've been noticing that some messages on the OO list
seem to
be delayed, by  up to 24 hours.

For most of this week I've received far fewer messages than normal, but
this morning (Thursday) I've received a whole week's worth
(almost) from
Sunday to the present.
Does anyone have any idea why this could be happening? It makes it
really hard to offer any contribution to the community.

Thursday morning???  It's only Wednesday evening!  ;-)

Depending on which side of the International Date Line you are
on.  ;-)

I'm on the right side, and it's definitely Thursday morning here--
just. We're nearly into afternoon.

I used to lean to the right but after our current president, I'm definitely leaning left now. :-)

To answer your original question, I think you'll notice that most of the 'Delayed' messages are coming from unsubscribed posters. I believe those messages have to go through a screening process before they are passed on to the list. I'm not sure if the screening process is by hand or an automated system.

--
Jack

Oh yeah. I had to create a secondary filter, to change the colour of the non-subscribed posters, so I could cc them as well.