2008/8/1 Hagar de l'Est <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Well, thanks for the links Harold.
> I had put some ideas here:
> http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8029 But
> I missed that linguistic.xcu file!
>
> However, even if I clean the linguistic.xcu file to remove the locales I
> don't want (English - South Africa), it's rebuild at OOo start-up. But I
> can't find any trace of an en_ZA entry anywhere else.
>
> When I downloaded the Beta 2, I had no dic installed. I installed the
> dict-en.oxt file found in the main folder. It may have written something
> somewhere that is taken into account at each start-up. I've browsed all the
> folders, no clue.
>
> Hagar
>
> Le 01.08.2008 19:40, Harold Fuchs a écrit :
>
>
>  Gentlepeople,
>>
>> There has been some discussion about spell checking in OOo v3 Beta. I
>> asked in the "lingucomponent" (language development) project. Below is the
>> conversation so far. As and when I get more info I'll pass it on. Basically
>> the story is that dictionary installation in v3 is/will be very different
>> from that in v2. In v3 it will be done via Extensions. It's not clear to me
>> but I think the responsibility for converting an existing dictionary to the
>> new format will belong to the author of the dictionary. The web page Sophie
>> points me at (http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/taxonomy/term/88)
>> covers very few languages with the only European ones being German,
>>  Luxembourgish, Romanian and Polish. No British, Australian, Canadian or New
>> Zealand English :-(
>>
>> Hmmmm.
>>
>> -------- Original Message --------
>> Subject:     Re: [lingu-dev] Dictionaries for v3
>> Date:     Fri, 01 Aug 2008 13:17:02 +0200
>> From:     sophie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> Reply-To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> References:     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>
>>
>>
>> Hi Harold,
>>
>> Some answers, may be others can complete
>>
>> Harold Fuchs wrote:
>>
>>> Using a different e-mail address I help out with support in
>>> [email protected]; we've had several questions recently about spell
>>> checking in v3 Beta. So ...
>>>
>>> Please let me know where can I find documentation on:
>>> - how to install spell checking dictionaries/thesauri for different
>>> languages (particularly on Windows if that makes a difference but also on
>>> other OS's)?
>>>
>>
>> They are provided as an extension (.oxt file) so to install them go under
>> the extension manager.
>>
>>  - where I can find spell checking dictionaries/thesauri for different
>>> languages? Will it be necessary for authors of such dictionaries/thesauri to
>>> submit them to a central "repository" of some sort? Where is that
>>> repository?
>>>
>>
>> http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/taxonomy/term/88
>>
>>  - how to convert an existing (2.x) dictionary/thesaurus to the new
>>> format? Is there a program that automates this process? For Windows (or, if
>>> not for Windows then for what)?
>>>
>>
>>
>> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Non-code_extensions#Extensions_for_dictionaries
>> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Extension_Dictionaries
>>
>>>
>>> Also, what progress is being made converting the many 2.x format
>>> dictionaries/thesauri to the new format? Is there a project for this? How do
>>> I get in touch with the people participating in that project?
>>>
>>
>> I don't know, may be someone else on this list will have the answer :)
>>
>> Hope this helps
>> Kind regards
>> Sophie
>>
>>
>> -------- End Original Message --------
>
>
Hello Folks,

I have the beta-2 on my Mac, and have some 50 dictionaries available -
didn't install any. They're the main European languages (English (10 types),
Spanish (15+), French, Dutch, Italian, Russian, Swedish, Portuguese, German
and Danish).
Is the beta-2 for Mac better equipped for spell-checking than the Windows
version?

In the OOo folder, I find under contents > share > extension > install:
dict-de.oxt, dict-en.oxt, dict-fr.oxt, dict-nl.oxt
n the Library > Application Support > OOo-aqua > 3 > user > wordbook
I only find a standard.dic
So where are the other dictionaries (Spanish, Russian, etc.?)


My problem was that the spell checker didn't accept 'skip all' - it stops at
every occurrence of a mis-spelled word. I downloaded the m28 today, and
there the speller seems to remember to skip when asked to do so.


-- 
Guy
using dutch OOo Aqua 3.0.0 Beta-2 on a iMac Intel DualCore Tiger
and brazilian OOo Aqua 3.0.0 Beta-2 on an Intel MacBook Pro Leopard
-- please reply only to [email protected] --
Dodoes can't afford to have headaches

Reply via email to