> On Saturday 02 August 2008 17:49:40 David B Teague wrote:
>> This is a very brief summary from this web site
>>
>> http://blogs.pcmag.com/securitywatch/2008/07/evilgrade_exploit_toolkit_atta
>> .php
>>
>> The article says the EvilGrade Exploit tool kit is able to attack
>> systems using the "man in the middle",  attacking through the
>> installation mechanism.
>
> It actually says "updates" not installation (my stars):
> <quote>
> infecting systems through the **update** mechanism, according to a
> ZDNet blog. The attackers claim, in the Readme for the kit, to have
> modules implemented to attack the following product **updates**
> </quote>
>
>> The attacker specifically mentions OO.o in the
>> kit "ReadMe".
>
> No, it says:"OpenOffices"
>
> This is not the correct name of this program (or site) and OOo does
> not have updates as such.
>
> I doubt they have achieved what they claim, tho' that doesn't mean
> that we can all be complacent.
>
> Lisi

Glad you posted that before I got to it.  Gads, don't you hate it when
people give misinformation?  Sometimes it's harlmess but other times it
can make a world of difference.  ZDNet blogs also aren't quite bibles
either, so ... mileage will definietly vary.  Wait until the knee has
jerked, THEN see what was said.