2008/8/6 Brian Barker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> At 13:49 06/08/2008 +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>>
>> I cannot find any information on how to scroll with the keyboard under
>> Open Office. Scrolling is when the current viewable part of the document is
>> changed, but the cursor remains in the same location. I can scroll with the
>> mouse wheel, but that requires moving the keys from the keyboard. I have
>> also tried [shift|alt|ctrl] - [PgDn|Down Arrow] but that did not produce the
>> desired effect.
>
> Preparation (once only, using the mouse):
> o  Go to Edit | Navigator (or press F5).
> o  Press the Navigation button and select the Page icon in the Navigator
> toolbar.
>
> Use (not using the mouse):
> o  Press Alt+E, N (or press F5) to open the Navigator.
> o  Press Shift+Tab to move the focus to the toolbar at the top of the
> Navigator window.
> o  Press arrow keys to move focus to the Previous or Next button (now
> identified as "Previous page" and "Next page").
> o  Press Enter.
> o  If necessary, press F5 twice to bring focus back to the Navigator window
> and repeat.
>
> (Well, you did ask!)
>
> I trust this helps.
>
> Brian Barker

For some reason, I cannot find the Page button, so this is not working
for me. But even if I did find the page button, this is not quite what
I had in mind. Still, I do appreciate the thorough answer and I
certainly will learn to better use the Navigator now, something that I
have been meaning to do.

My goal is to have the cursor centered on the screen when I type. When
I get to a point that is too low or too high, I prefer to scroll so
that the cursor is in the center of the screen. This is _not_ a
critical procedure, just a personal preference of mine, so there is no
real need to reengineer workflows for this. My hope when starting this
thread was that I would discover a feature similar to Kate's
Ctrl-Arrow function (scrolling).

Thanks.

--
Dotan Cohen