Rob Clement wrote:
Ramzi El Halabi wrote:
Dear All,
In Microsoft Office, there is a functionality called Research(Accessed from Tools--> Research), Is there any functionality which is like the research in Open Office?
Staroffice 9 (openoffice 3.0) will have an integrated google search menu entry when you right click....... with openoffice supporting plugins, I would expect other search engines to follow google's cue are create plugins to allow for integrated search functionality.

Is there any software like Microsoft Visio in Open Office or any Freeware Software? In Microsoft Excel, we had a functionality called Patterns (Accessed from Format --> Cells --> patterns tab page --> Pattern Drop down List) where we can choose a certain pattern to apply, especially the Lines patterns, where can I find this functionality in OO? Regards,

Ramzi Al Halaby

Ramzi

First of all it is not wise to send your personal information over the web to this address as the e-mails are all stored in vatious places for searching.

MS Office and OpenOffice have a research facility called Zotero. You will need to install it on your web browser (Internet Explorer is not an option but Firefox is)

What features do you want that you have used in Visio?

I do not know of anything similar to the patterns functionality.

Thanks

Rob