Joanne Mozgo wrote:

I attempted to install your product on my laptop for work and noticed that I am unable to open any of my documents saved on my desk top now without having to do an install. I need to abort the entire process but do not know how to do this. Please assist.

Your message doesn't make sense. Are you saying when you attempt to open an existing document, the installation starts? Have you installed OpenOffice? After downloading OpenOffice from www.openoffice.org, you have to double click on the downloaded file, to start the installation process. This will take you through several panels, where you can generally use the defaults. After the installation is complete, there should be an OpenOffice folder & icons in your Start meun. You can use the icons to start the various OpenOffice components. You should also be able to start it by double clicking on any file that can be opened by OpenOffice. If you still have problems, please provide more details about what happens, when you try to open a document.