Subject: [users] Scim input
From: Alberto Muller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: users@openoffice.org
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 23:13:10 +0200

Hi all !

I've been seeing a lot of posts dealing with tnbis "scim input". I
apologize but I'm totlly lost and I don't know what this stuff is and
 moreover how it is linked to OOffice.
Can anybody givge me an input (without scim) ?

Thanks in advance

A.Muller
SCIM = "Smart Common Input Method" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCIM

The discussion here is about how to use this in OOo (OpenOffice.org).

Dave

Alberto

Scim is used on Linux systems to input non-Roman characters (such as

Yes, good point. SCIM is, as mentioned before, a common input method for
Linux operating system ... I did not bother to mention it earlier since
it was obvious to me.

It enables a user to convert the keyboard layout based on any language
and the user is able to type in his/her own native language.

MS Windows users have nothing to do with SCIM.

Chinese, Japanese, Arabic etc). I would assume you work on some form of
Windows and the input of these characters would be handled by Windows
itself.

I hope that clarifies the problem

Rob