You might also consider javaDB. (Apache Derby)

Shawn

-----Original Message-----
From: Skip Evans [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2008 8:01 PM
To: users@openoffice.org
Subject: [users] Base books or tutorials?

Hey all,

I'm a PHP/MySQL programmer by trade, so I'm not
new to relational databases, etc, and I'm trying
to get a handle on building a solid application
with ooBase for a community television station
here in Madison, Wisconsin.

I've been able to use the forms wizard for a basic
master and detail record but I need now to get
into more complex application modules like a
search form, multiple detail records, etc.

I'm starting to get tempted to just chuck base and
write a PHP/MySQL app, but I don't really want to
get into something so time consuming when I'm sure
Base can do what I want.

I've Googled for tutorials and searched Amazon for
books, but I can't find much Base specific stuff
out there.

Any recommendations for books or web sites to get
up to speed on base stuff would be greatly
appreciated.

I'm now trying to figure out how to do what I need
to do in design mode, but it's slow going.

Thanks much,
Skip
--
Skip Evans