Hi John

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 4:00 AM, John Boyle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> To Adrian: How do you access the openclipart once you have downloaded it?
> All I get, so far, is words,symbols and characters! :-[

Most of the clipart on openclipart.org is available in two formats: SVG and
PNG. SVGs have the advantage of being able to be enlarged without losing
quality. Unfortunately, OpenOffice.org normally doesn't support the SVG
format.

So you have two options:

1. Use the PNG files. This format is fully supported by OpenOffice.org, and
you will normally find the quality quite good. This is probably the way you
should go.

2. Add the ability to import SVGs to OpenOffice.org. There is a page on the
OpenClipart site describing how to do that:
http://www.openclipart.org/wiki/OpenOffice
The easiest way is to install the plugin at
http://www.ipd.uka.de/~hauma/svg-import/

Once you have downloaded the clipart you want, you need to insert the
picture into your OpenOffice.org document. There are a few ways of doing
this. The easiest is to select Insert / Picture / From File from the menu.
This is probably the way you should do it.

You can also drag and drop the picture into your document from your file
manager or directly from the website. Or you might want to create your own
clipart collection in OpenOffice.org's gallery. There are instructions about
how to do that here:
http://www.wikihow.com/Add-Clipart-to-OpenOffice.org

I hope this helps!

Adrian