Hi,
nice to here that, but is there any documentation about the trunk version beyond the change list?

Regards
Klaus

Anca-Maria Vamanu wrote:
Hello,

There has been a reorganization in the trunk version for the presence modules. You need to load also presence_xml. You have to make the following changes. Insert ' loadmodule "presence_xml.so" '. If you have set force_active , then replace the line modparam("presence", "force_active", 1) with modparam("presence_xml", "force_active", 1).
However, the reply is indeed malformed . I will fix that. Thanks.

regards,

Anca Vamanu

Michel de Boer wrote:

Hi,

I just checked out the sources from the trunk.
And the presence module does not seem to work anymore :(

On the SUBSCRIBE (Event header set to "presence") I send, I get a 489
Bad Event response.
The SUBSCRIBE is exactly the same as the SUBSCRIBE I used with
version 1.2.1. There it worked.

Furthermore, the 489 reponse is malformed. The mandatory
Allow-Events header is missing.

This is what I see in the error logging:

7(16680) parse_headers: flags=ffffffffffffffff
7(16680) PRESENCE: handle_subscribe:Missing or unsupported event header
field value

Regards,
Michel

Anca-Maria Vamanu wrote:
Hello,

Indeed the module did not sent Notify messages when unsubscribing. It
did, however, sent them when an initial Subscribe with expires 0 was
received. I have fixed that in the latest commit.
Thanks for reporting.

Best regards,

Anca Vamanu

Michel de Boer wrote:

Hi,

I am currently experimenting with the presence module (openser v1.2.1).
It seems to work really fine. I only encountered a small problem.

When my client unsubscribes from the presence event by sending a
SUBSCRIBE request with expires=0, then openser responds with a 200 OK.
After the 200 OK, I expect to receive a NOTIFY message, but openser
never sends this NOTIFY. It is this NOTIFY that should terminate
the subscription dialog through its Subscription-State header
set to "terminated".

RFC 3856 states this:

 The subscriber can terminate the subscription by sending a SUBSCRIBE,
 within the dialog, with an Expires header field (which indicates
 duration of the subscription) value of zero.  This causes an
 immediate termination of the subscription.  A NOTIFY request is then
 generated by the presence agent with the most recent state.

This behavior is based on the general requirements for event handling
as defined in RFC 3265.

Is this a bug or is there some configuration stuff that enables/disables
the NOTIFY for a SUBSCRIBE with epxpires=0.

A SUBSCRIBE with expires=0 can also arrive as the initial and final
SUBSCRIBE for a subscription. In that case it will be fetching
the presence information only once. Without the NOTIFY, a fetch
does not work.

Cheers,
Michel