Hello,

On 07/17/07 10:31, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
El Monday 16 July 2007 17:12:07 Christian Schlatter escribió:
Hello everybody,

I'm glad to announce the addition of a new module for OpenSER called
"LDAP module". This module implements the following features:

* LDAP search function taking an LDAP URL as input
* LDAP result parsing functions to store LDAP data as AVP
* Support for accessing multiple LDAP servers

* LDAP SIMPLE authentication

Is there planned a module ldap_auth to proxy authentication as mysql_auth and so?
there is an auth_ldap on the tracker, but I think doesn't make sense to add it as the auth module can perform authentication taking the username and password from pseudo-variables (including AVP). So, the same functionality is achieved by loading username and password in AVPs using the ldap module, and perform authentication via auth module.

The ldap module has a lot of good stuff related to connection to server, failover, etc., and should be preferred to be used. I tried to start a tutorial about LDAP auth with OpenSER, should give you some hints to begin, contributions there are welcome.

Cheers,
Daniel

Regards.