Hi,

There was a discussion about relaying to yourself vs. recursive loops through routes:

http://openser.org/pipermail/users/2007-July/012042.html

In the sipwise config, heavy sip-uri manipulation is done after appending a branch (which is necessary after failure-route), so I append a branch, manipulate the r-uri, append another branch with the final r-uri and on relay drop the unneeded one.

I guess we'll discuss some best-practices in Rome in September to optimize it a bit, right, Bogdan? ;o)

Andreas

Zahid Mehmood wrote:
Andreas,
        Thanks for your reply.  I understand that part. Is that a
best-practice to not relay a packet to yourself?  I was trying to
implement serial forking based on the example for voice-systems and I'm
running into some issues when doing a simple t_relay() and that is when
I started looking for a better way to do this.

  I'm still not clear about the use of t_on_branch.  In this case, when
is it really called?