Juha Heinanen wrote:
usrloc readme tells about mode 3:

       The mode may
       be slower due the high number of DB operation. For example
       NAT pinging is a killer since during each ping cycle all
       nated contact are loaded from the DB; The lack of memory
       caching also disable the location watcher registration (in
       will not work with PA module) and disable the statistics
       exports.

is that not true regarding nat pinging or do you handle nat pinging by
some other means?

I've an extra NAT ping tool running on separated hosts, so this isn't an issue here.

Haven't used PA so far, so I can't tell anything about that. Since I have separated proxies and registrars (and possibly PA servers in the future), a possibility could be to operate PA servers in db_mode 0 and t_replicate from the registrars to the PA servers.
Andreas