Well I'm glad it works now, but I'm not sure why it does. :P
Just for fun, could you run two tests without the
snmpstats.conf file?  I'd like to find out if the master
agent is listening on a port other than what's been
specified on the command line with the -x parameter.
That might explain why it works only without the
snmpstats.conf file.
1) Can you run a tcpdump on port 705 (and only port 705) and
  let me know if there is traffic between the master agent
and the subagent?
2) Can you try loading up the snmpd agent with the -x but
  nothing else following, and let me know if the SNMPStats
  module is still able to communicate with the master agent,
when the snmpstats.conf file isn't there?
- Jeffrey Magder

Gabi Mahu wrote:
Hi Jeffrey,

Yes, I do run snmpd as root and "Turning on AgentX
master support" is present in the initial output. As
for the snmpstats.conf file, it contains only this
line: agentXSocket tcp:localhost:705. I followed the
instructions in the module documentation, nothing
more.
With the file in its place, with the config files in
the form that I listed in previous mails, I get no
agentx debug output. I renamed the snmpstats.conf
file, so it can't be reached by the sub-agent in the
module, and the agentx debug output is present. Maybe
it has something to do with some kind of standard
configuration for a NET-SNMP subagent, that happens to
be ok for me.

Thanks.

Gabi Mahu

--- Jeffrey Magder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

When you turn on the master agent (NetSNMP), are you
running it as root? Also, are you seeing:

"Turning on AgentX master support."

Also, could you show me the contents of your
snmpstats.conf file?
So by deleting the snmpstats.conf file, you can see
the snmpstats module connecting to the the master agent, and everything works ok? I'm confused on that point. :-)

- JM

Gabi Mahu wrote:
Hello all again,

Related to my "sub-agent to master-agent
connection problem", I found
out that if I pull the snmpstats.conf file from
the equation (rename
it or delete it or whatever...), everything seams
to work properly. I
get the agentx debug output in the snmpd window
just like in the
module documentation. All my other configuration
items are just as
before.

Could someone explain this behavior, because, for
me, it is far from a
solid solution to the initial problem?

Thank you again,
Gabriel Mahu