Hi Daniel,

Daniel Grotti wrote:
Hi Bogdan,
I don't want to change CPL's standard element specified by RFC, but only add a new type of switch.
OK
But Internal parser and Interpreter are included within CPL-C Module of OpenSER, right?
yes, it is part of the cpl-c module.
So, I have to say to OpenSER how it parses and manages this new element.
yes, you need to extend the parser and interpreter to recognize the new elements.

regards,
bogdan

Regards,
Daniel

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
Hi Daniel,

CPL is specified by an IETF RFC, so changing it will break compatibility.

anyhow, it is not sufficient to change the DTD - you need to change the internal parser (that converts the XML to a binary, easy to run format) and also the interpretor itself (using the binary format).

regards,
bogdan

Daniel wrote:
Hi All,
I'd like to extend CPL functionality adding a new switch element.
How can manage it ?
I think I'd change the "cpl.dtd" file and "cpl-c" module, it's right?

Thanks,
Daniel

--
Daniel Grotti