# apt-get update

    [edit

<http://wiki.openvz.org/w/index.php?title=Installation_on_Debian&action=edit&section=3>]
    precompiled kernel images at debian.systs.org
    <http://debian.systs.org> (dso)

The kernel-images on debian.systs.org <http://debian.systs.org> (dso) use the same kernel-config taken from OpenVZ. (most kernel-modules are built-in!)

If there is more than one CPU available (or a CPU with hyperthreading), use the kernel-smp deb. If there is more than 4 Gb of RAM available, use the kernel-enterprise deb. Otherwise, use the plain kernel deb (kernel).

*Kernel flavors list*
Kernel type     Description     Hardware        Use case
-       uniprocessor    up to 4GB of RAM
-smp    symmetric multiprocessor        up to 4 GB of RAM       10-20 VPSs
-entnosplit     SMP + PAE support       up to 64 GB of RAM      10-30 VPSs
-enterprise SMP + PAE support + 4/4GB split up to 64 GB of RAM >20-30 VPSs

kernel-image: i368 and amd64

 ovzkernel-2.6.9
 ovzkernel-2.6.9-smp
kernel-image: i386 only:

ovzkernel-2.6.9-enterprise ovzkernel-2.6.9-entnosplit
OpenVZ tool(s) for i386 and amd64

 vzctl
 vzquota
 vzprocps
 vzdump
template(s) for i368 and amd64 : Debian 3.1 Minimal

 vzctl-ostmpl-debian

    [edit

<http://wiki.openvz.org/w/index.php?title=Installation_on_Debian&action=edit&section=4>]
    installing the kernel-images, toolset and debian-os-template

Example: install the stable OpenVZ kernel, tools and Debian OS Template

# aptitude install ovzkernel-2.6.9 vzctl vzquota vzdump vzctl-ostmpl-debian