Hi Benoit,

Benoit Branciard wrote:
I can't answer to your question about simfs size limit (or may it be a quota limit ? Try without quota at all, i.e. without the "SIZELIMIT" option in $CTID.conf file...), but you certainly could overcome any size limit on the container root by setting some secondary mount points below the container tree, either bind mounts or plain device mounts. The /etc/vz/conf/$CTID.mount file is meant for this purpose.

Note that this impacts ability to "vzmigrate" your container, unless you rewrite a vzmigrate-like script with ability to migrate secondary mount points, or unless the mounted device is also available on the target host under the same name...
I considered this but unfortunately I have a partition layout as follows:

df -Th on HN:
Filesystem    Type    Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda1     ext3     92G  1.4G   86G   2% /
tmpfs        tmpfs    4.0G     0  4.0G   0% /lib/init/rw
udev         tmpfs     10M   40K   10M   1% /dev
tmpfs        tmpfs    4.0G     0  4.0G   0% /dev/shm
/dev/sda3      xfs    4.7T  269G  4.5T   6% /data

ls -la /vz
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 8 2008-07-07 14:30 /vz -> /data/vz

My plan then was to keep all containters in /data essentially. If I understand mount correctly bind will make the whole /data available to the relevant container instead of it being controlled by a specific quota.

Another option I had was to repartition and make a specific /dev/sdaX available to the one container. This would work but does limit the options I have - If I needed more disk space on another container at a later stage I'm constrained by this setup.

Thanks for reply.