On 09/29/2015 05:39 AM, Sergey Bronnikov wrote:
Hi, Narcis

'Like' buttons are useful for those who wants to post link to page
to social networks. But according to my experience there are small amount
of people who uses them.
We decide to remove 'Like' buttons from OpenVZ wiki pages.
They are kept only on pages for old vzquota/ploop/vzctl releases -
https://openvz.org/Special:WhatLinksHere/Template:Like

In fact I don't see "Like" buttons on pages in this list.

I googled around and found that running refreshLinks script[1]
might help. Indeed it helped, although took about 5 minutes to run!

After this, I only saw vzquota and vzstats download pages using Like,
so I edited appropriate templates and removed those, too.

As of now, no pages have this template used, and I removed the
template itself as well as the relevant mediawiki plugin (which btw
was installed exactly 4 years ago).

Note we are still using Google Analytics though.

[1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:RefreshLinks.php

Sergey