On 02/23/2012 04:54 PM, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 10:54:26AM +0530, Deepak C Shetty wrote:
On 02/22/2012 06:37 PM, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 02:32:35PM +0530, Deepak C Shetty wrote:
Hi,
     From vdsm code i can see support for storage domain of type SHARED_FS
But when trying to configure a new storage domain, i don't see SHARED_FS
as a available domtype filed in the dropdown.

I want to use shared FS to connect to try and connect to gluster mount
point on my node, but unable to as I don't see that option.

 From http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Features/PosixFSConnection - I understand
that its the same as sharedFS, so what is PosixFSConnection then, is it
just a new interface that provides a wrapper for what is sharedFS now ?
Currently, the NAS the ovirt supports are local file system, and NFS.
The status of this says Done, but I don't see the UI part of this, am I
missing something.
Look closer in
http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Features/PosixFSConnection#Current_Status ..

Vdsm has API support for mounting any Posix file system. but this is not
yet available from oVirt Engine and GUI.

Also pls let me know if usign sharedFS to make the node use gluster mount
is correct or not ?
I do not think that anyone has tried this.. be the first!
Sure :), but how ? since there is no UI support yet.
Is there a way I can use the vdsm cli to drive, any ovirt wiki page
that helps provide insight on how to use vdsm cli ?
I'd start from http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Vdsm_Standalone
and tweak it to use SHAREDFS_DOMAIN instead of LOCALFS_DOMAIN

You'd have to do some digging into vdsm/storage/storage_connection.py
for the right params to connectStorageServer.

Great, let me start and get back if i land up into issues.
thanks for the pointer.

Dan.