Hi, got few basic Qs in my mind. Appreciate a response.

1) Why is it that the data domains must be of the same type as that of datacentre ? What is the goal behind having this constraint ? It seems useful to have a datacentre w/o having any storage restrictions.. i should be able to add hosts w/o worrying abt the storage types... why is it not so... looking to understand the reason behind this design
decision.

2) If i have a set of host systems all connected to shared FC storage, is there a way for me to configure LUNs exclusively for each host, meaning have ability to control what LUN each hosts sees ? Can this be done using oVirt today ? My understanding is that this cannot be done via ovirt, zoning of LUNs to host has to be done separately and not via ovirt, is that correct ?

3) If i have to create and run 1000 VMs (say), how can i automate that using ovirt, what is the best way to do that ?

thanx,
deepak