On 06/26/2012 03:50 PM, Robert Middleswarth wrote:
On 06/26/2012 03:40 PM, Itamar Heim wrote:
On 06/26/2012 03:39 PM, Robert Middleswarth wrote:
On 06/26/2012 03:16 PM, Itamar Heim wrote:
On 06/26/2012 01:55 PM, Robert Middleswarth wrote:
I installed the hook smbios but it doesn't seem to be working. I was
told earlier I needed to create a custom property to pass the data but
that doesn't seem to be working. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I am
looking for debugging hints on how to show what is being passed to the
hook to confirm it is grabbing the correct info and what is being
passed
back to vdsm?

do you see smbios when editing the VM custom properties in the UI?

No I manually added it using the following command.

engine-config -s UserDefinedVMProperties='smbios=^.+$' --cver=3.1

and after restarting the engine, do you see this options under custom
properties when editing a VM?
Yes I do but I don't see the data being passed to the VM. So I need to
try and trace though the process to see if I am missing a step to see why.

no worries - shahar already debugged it last week for you :)
you need this patch (even already backported to 3.1 branch)
http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/5591/

Thanks
Robert

Thanks