On 12/11/2012 03:58 PM, Jonathan Horne wrote:
Sorry vered, i meant that i was using this:
ovirt-node-iso-2.5.5-0.1.fc17.iso

What i meant to say was, that i found that the root file system was read
only and was unable to even copy the equallogic driver there.  equallogic
driver needs python 2.6 and refuses to continue otherwise, so there is
many things preventing me from getting it working, far beyond the readonly
file system.

By highly customized, i didn't mean customized from my work, i meant that
that the node version is set up unlike any other linux i have ever seen.
the readonly file systems seem to be set that way on purpose to keep
people like me who know just enough to be dangerous from being... a danger.

if you need drivers not part of the ovirt-node distro, you can either:
- use the full/normal distro (fedora in this case)
- spin your own ovirt-node with plugins (mike should have more details on this)