On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 10:44:48AM -0500, Yeela Kaplan wrote:
> Hi,
> I've tested the new patch on fedora 18 vdsm host (created iscsi storage
> domain, attached, activated) and it works well.
> Even though multipath.conf no longer uses getuid_callout to recognize the
> device's wwid,
> it still knows how to deal with the attribute's existence in the conf file
> when running multipath command (only output is to stdout which we don't use
> anyway, stderr empty and rc=0).
> The relevant patch is: http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/10824/

Given your verification, and the fact that this patch is a step forward,
I've taken it into vdsm master and acked it for ovirt-3.2. I trust Ben
Marzinski to shout at us loudly if keeping the outdated verb is terribly
wrong.

I'd expect to see a future patch, adding getuid_callout only for
multipath versions that actually need it.