All,
  Thank you for your help! I love the linux community.

I actually was able to get my system up 2 days ago. I did a fresh minimal install of F17, and ovirt 3.1. * ran engine-setup trying to use as many of the same variables as I would have around a year ago.
* shutdown jboss-as and ovirt-engine
* imported the database
* started services back up
* ran engine-config to reset the password
* restarted services
* was able to log in
* Had to wait roughly 10-15 minutes before ovirt decided that nothing was running and I could finally delete the nodes from my cluster
* Re-added the nodes.. they got the new certificates
* Networking & Storage (I use ISCSI) came back just fine
* SUCCESS !!! (such a great feeling)

. . . . and now you IDIOT (me) . . . . back up the certificates too!

---David