389 DS is so far working as expected. Thank you for your clarification, somehow missed that out.

On 19.3.2013 21:56, Itamar Heim wrote:
On 03/19/2013 05:26 PM, Yair Zaslavsky wrote:
Why openldap server?
We do not support openldap at the moment.

hopefully, the changes to auth part will make it for 3.3 to cover that, but depends on progress there.

    *From: *"Jure Kranjc" <jure.kra...@arnes.si>
    *To: *users@ovirt.org
    *Sent: *Tuesday, March 19, 2013 3:50:49 PM
    *Subject: *Re: [Users] ldap simple

    Hi.

    Further testing...
    - Setup: one ldap server with added user to match ovirt searches
    (while adding user in webadmin),
    - Fedora 18, engine 3.2.1, openldap-server, simple authentication,
    no firewalls,
    - with packet inspection we can see ldap responding with requested
    attributes
    - still, there are errors in logs, see below, and no users are
    listed in webadmin, engine fails to parse given attributes
    - engine-manage-domains -action=validate returns "Invalid
credentials" even though binding is ok and ldap is replying with data.

    Can anyone point us to some documentation on this topic?
    Is really AD the only good solution for user management?

    engine.log
    2013-03-19 15:16:53,042 ERROR
    [org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.adbroker.LDAPTemplateWrapper]
    (ajp--127.0.0.1-8702-3) Error in running LDAP query. BaseDN is ,
    filter is (&(&(objectClass=person))
    (|(givenname=test)(sn=test)(uid=test)(uid=test))). Exception message
    is: null
    2013-03-19 15:16:53,043 ERROR
    [org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.adbroker.DirectorySearcher]
    (ajp--127.0.0.1-8702-3) Failed ldap search server
ldap://ldaphost.domain.si:389 due to null. We should try the next server

    server.log
    2013-03-19 15:17:24,113 ERROR
[org.springframework.ldap.control.AbstractRequestControlDirContextProcessor]
    (ajp--127.0.0.1-8702-6) No matching response control found for paged
    results - looking for 'class
    javax.naming.ldap.PagedResultsResponseControl