Von: Roy Golan [mailto:rgo...@redhat.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 8. Mai 2013 12:50
An: Sven Knohsalla
Betreff: Re: [Users] oVirt 3.0 - VM shows paused status only

On Wed 08 May 2013 12:59:38 PM IDT, Sven Knohsalla wrote:
> Hi Omer,
>
> the VM is also shown as "paused" in the WebGUI and I cannot stop
> /shutdown the paused VM " Error while executing action SetVmTicket:
> Unexpected exception" (WebGUI error)
>
> If I run vdsClient -s 0 destroy 5a34c59f-a860-4e55-b1b0-2a96ce875a86
> on the hypervisor the command shell doesn't react
>
> Same on shell when trying to run the following command:
> --
> [root@deovn-a03 ~]# vdsClient -s 0 pause
> 5a34c59f-a860-4e55-b1b0-2a96ce875a86
> Unexpected exception
> --

The VM is in VDSM cache and doesn't really exist so its excepted that the
destroy would fail.(exception are always unexpected :) )

a restart to VDSM will help here:

$ service vdsmd restart

you can track the VDSM log:

/var/log/vdsm/vdsm.log

and the engine should be recovering too now.

let us know if you got things working.