On 07/11/2013 12:52 PM, Piotr Szubiakowski wrote:

The way that oVirt manage storage domains accessed via FC is very smart. There is separate logical volume for each virtual disk. But I think that
logical volume at the same time could be "touched" only by one host. Is
it possible that two host access read/write the same logical volume and
there is no data corruption?

hence a shared disk over block storage using LVM must be pre-allocated, so no LV changes (lv extend) would be needed.
(also, it cannot have snapshots, since it would become qcow)

Ok, but this is the hypervisor view. For a guest OS this LV is normal RAW block device. I wonder if someone test this feature and access shared disk from many VM's at the same time?
I did a brief tests - 3 vms, shared disk, cman/pacemaker + gfs2 - had no problems using it, no data corruption. although that was only basic tests, like create/move/delete files, no extensive usage/stress or something like that.