On 07/15/2013 04:10 PM, Jason Keltz wrote:
On 07/15/2013 09:35 AM, Mike Burns wrote:
On 07/12/2013 11:44 PM, Jason Keltz wrote:
On 12/07/2013 10:24 PM, Jason Keltz wrote:
I'm wondering if it's possible to modify the kernel line (in my case,
appending "biosdevname=0") on an installed ovirt-node?  Adding it
during boot works - I'd just like to know how to make the change
persistent.

I'm not sure if this is the "right" way to do it, but I was able to:

# mount -o rw,remount /run/initramfs/live
# cd /run/initramfs/lib/grub
edit grub.cfg and add biosdevname=0 to kernel line

You can do that and it will work.  You can also add entries to the
host at installation time and they'll be persisted.  I don't believe
that this process of editing grub.cfg will persist across upgrades,
however.

How would I add the entries to the host at installation time? By adding
them to the PXE boot options?

Yes

Could you file an RFE to add a method to edit and persist the grub
command line?

Will do.

Thanks!

Mike