On 08/22/2013 10:19 AM, René Koch (ovido) wrote:

Hm, for some strange reason I can PUT the payloads XML to a specific vm
without any errors using REST-API, but it seems to never really update
the vm definition (when testing with GET payloads is missing again and
no cd in my vm). PUT for e.g. usb definitions is working fine (system is
oVirt 3.2).

Anyway, I don't have enough time at the moment to investigate this
further, so I use Yuriy's script (thanks!) and add the hostname via SKU
number. But will maybe play with vm payloads later again.

If anyone is interested in the scripts, feel free to use them:
https://github.com/ovido/ovirt-stuff/tree/master/sysprep_linux
(please note that these will only work for RHEL/CentOS/Fedora/other
clones)

iirc, that's by design actually... since the payload may contain passwords for sysprep, etc...
so do the PUT and check its there by launching the VM