On 09/02/2013 05:29 PM, NOC wrote:
On 08/21/2013 12:11 PM, Itamar Heim wrote:
On 08/21/2013 02:40 AM, Joop van de Wege wrote:

What I would like to see in the ! next version is pxe boot of the nodes.
Probably not easy to achieve because of dependency on dhcp.

Hi Joop,

can you please give a bit more information on the use case / how you
envision this?

current thinking around bare metal provisioning of hosts is to extend
the functionality around the foreman provider for this, but you may
have other suggestions?

I think Joop means to be able to add hosts (nodes) to a cluster by
adding their MAC address to the dhcp list for PXE boot into ovirt-node
and thus join the cluster. This would make it easy to add new physical
nodes without any spinning disks or other local storage requirements.

we started adding foreman integration in 3.3:
http://www.ovirt.org/Features/ForemanIntegration

adding ohad and oved for their thoughts on this.

I suppose this may not be easy with complex network connections (bonds
on mgmt network, mgmt network on a tagged vlan, etc), but it should be
possible if the management network interface is plain and physical.

/Simon

PS, Perhaps Joop can confirm this idea, we've talked about it IRL.